the frame little calumet conservation area (shown in white) is located seven miles from michigan city and one-half mile from the indiana dunes national lakeshore heron rookery unit (shown in yellow)  and is accessed via county line road (on the east).  it lies directly adjacent to the new dnr game bird area, reynolds creek game bird habitat area (shown in red).
 

The Carol Cook Wetland Overlook  is located in 582 E. 1200 N Lat. 41.583137, Lon. -86.989018. From 80, exit on State Rd 49 south, to Indian Boundary Rd. Turn LEFT (East) and drive to Brummit Rd. Turn RIGHT (south) and drive about 1/2 mile to 1st road on left (1225 N) Turn Left (east) on 1225 N. The road will turn south and then east again. It is now 1200 N. Continue on 1200N to 4-way stop at 575 E.  Continue East 200 ft. The IWLA-PCC Carol Cook Wetland Overlook is on your right.  The address is 582 E. 1200 N (Burdick Rd.)


The Massauga Creek Unit of the Little Calumet Conservation Area land was donated to the PCC IWLA as mitigation for an adjacent unauthorized wetland fill as required by the US Army Corps of Engineers, Detroit District, under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S.C.) The parcel is primarily wetland and reduces runoff by storing water.
 

The Sandra Dee Bedenkop Spring Run Conservation Area land is within the Classified Forest and Wild lands Program under the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR), Division of Forestry, and has been under that Program for many years.  By definition:  “The land is managed for timber production, wildlife habitat, and the protection of watersheds, while conserving other natural resources and values”; however, the PCC IWLA land is not managed for timber production, only for wildlife habitat and watershed protection without any economic uses.  The parcel is primarily wetland.

Since 2016 the Sandra Dee Bedenkop Spring Run property has been under QDMA (Quality Deer Management Association) guidelines. QDMA Mission: Ensuring the future of white-tailed deer, wildlife habitat and our hunting heritage.

Terrence and Elizabeth McCloskey Ravines Conservation Area
 
After nearly three years of meetings, negotiations and agreements, the Porter County Chapter is now the owner of another 40 acres of land. It will be called the Terrence and Elizabeth McCloskey Ravines Conservation Area. Porter County Chapter purchased the property from Meadow Brook Development and Adam Kesling. It is found between Otis Road and IN 421 across the street from Purdue University Northwest.
 
McCloskey Ravines is already a very high-quality habitat. There is some cleaning-up to do to comply with our agreements. PCC friends and volunteers will be called on to remove some initial debris and monitor it for invasive species every year. It was the third property which we have acquired with 50% funding from the Enbridge L-6b Mitigation Fund and 50% funding from the Indiana Bicentennial Nature Trust. Yes. There was very little cost to the chapter.